Boss Silva will decide Fulham future next week

4 hours ago 2

Fulham boss Marco Silva has promised he will make make a decision on his future next week.

The 48-year-old Portuguese's contract at Craven Cottage expires at the end of June and the club are keen to keep him, offering a new three-year deal.

Silva, who was appointed in 2021, was linked with the Chelsea job before former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso was appointed.

Benfica have also been mentioned as possible suitors for Silva as they eye a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Jose Mourinho.

Fulham's final Premier League match of the season is against Newcastle on Sunday.

Speaking at his pre-match news conference on Friday, Silva said he did not see the uncertainty surrounding him "as an issue".

"I understand why you call it as an issue, I see it as a situation that we are at the end of a contract, we have been talking to the football club and the football club is talking with us," he said.

"And I'm going to take a decision, as are the football club, next week.

"I just have one offer on the table for me to think about. I understand my agent is speaking with the club, but I have an offer from a long, long time that we are talking about and that is Fulham Football Club."

Silva took charge of Fulham when they were in the Championship five years ago and steered the club to promotion in his first season.

Since then he has established them in the Premier League, guiding the Cottagers to 10th, 13th and 11th placed finishes.

They currently sit 13th with the match at home to Newcastle left, but Fulham have failed to win in their past three games, seriously denting their chances of qualifying for Europe next season.

Read Entire Article
Ekonomi | Asset | Lokal | Tech|